I show you step by step how I make three of my favorite healthy breakfasts for the work week.
Grain Free Granola Recipe: http://jordanleighwaddell.com/recipe/grain-free-granola-cacao-peanut-butter/
Steel Cut Oats with Pomegranate and Almond Butter
1. In a 3 cup mason jar, add 1/4 cup steel cut oats and 1 chopped date
2. Add 1/2 cup water and 1/4 non-dairy milk of choice
3. Stir, and microwave for 1 minute
4. Stir again, then microwave for 30 second increments – watch carefully as the liquid will boil and can spill over! (I do mine for about another minute)
5. Once done, add to a bowl and stir in 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
6. Add dash of cinnamon, pomegranate arils, unsweetened shredded coconut (or any desired toppings).
7. Finish with a spoonful of almond butter and enjoy!
Super Green Avo Toast:
1. Toast 2 slices of your favorite whole grain bread (I used sprouted rye)
2. Score 1/2 an avocado and begin to mash with fork
3. Add 1/2 tsp spirulina powder to avocado and continue to mash until incorporated
4. Spread avocado evenly on toast
5. Sprinkle on a pinch of kosher or sea salt, grind of pepper, and lemon juice
6. Top with fresh herbs, and enjoy!
I’m Jordan, and I’m a lover of all things health and wellness.
I upload weekly lifestyle videos about:
Eating healthy, unprocessed, plant based food
Natural skincare and makeup
and how I incorporate wellness realistically into my busy schedule!
Carefree by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)