Looking for a dessert that will satiate that craving for sweets? look no further than the baked ricotta pear. This dessert is most comparable to apple pie, but instead of pie filler you are getting a lean meal with 7 grams of protein and less than 100 calories per serving. A great meal to start and maintain those new years resolutions.
1. Select a ripe pair, cut it in half, and pit the core.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon on the pear
3. Bake/Broil the pear until it is brown and soft (10 minutes if ripe)
4. Scoop 1/4 cup of ricotta, add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5. Top the pear with the ricotta and serve warm.